Monday, October 8, 2012

Three Country Paper

     The first country I am anticipating one of my interviewees to be from is Germany. Germany interests me for a few different reasons. Namely, it intrigues me simply because it is where my heritage is from and I am very interested to find out if the stories that I have heard from my relatives line up with those told by people I interview. Another reason I am hoping to come across a person from Germany is because Germany is one of the worlds riches countries when it comes to history. Germany has been a part in at the very least most of America's interaction with Europe for the last hundred years.

     The second country I am hoping to find information on is that of France. I think that a lot of people, especially in the St. Cloud area are more than likely going to be from Africa or Asia or countries like that and having been around people from those areas makes me want to gain a little bit of knowledge on some of the European countries that are very prominent in the world's standings but might be a little less prominent in this area of the world.

     The third and final country that I am hoping to learn a little bit more about is Russia. Russia catches my attention for a variety of reasons. Firstly, I think Russia is a very isolated country and it can at times be difficult to find people from Russia or to truly learn about what the Russian culture is like without going there and experiencing it for yourself. Secondly, I believe that Russia is a bit of a question mark now days as to what the country and people from the country are really like. A lot of times Russia can get a bad reputation in movies that come out of Hollywood but as we all know Hollywood is often an unreliable source when it comes to finding out what a country and its people are truly like.

No comments:

Post a Comment